Patti, Zach, Molly and Maggie's mom
One of the reasons why I bake my own dog treats is so I know what Molly is eating is healthy and free of chemicals, sugar, preservatives, and by-products normally found in store bought treats. Here's a favorite recipe of Molly's. Use your favorite cookie cutter shape... I used a dog bone shape that is about 2" in length and got about 72 treats. I think they turned out cute!

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

1 cup all purpose unbleached flour*

1 cup whole-wheat flour*

1 TBSP baking powder

1 cup natural peanut butter (I used chunky)

1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk.

Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4" thick and cut out shapes. Re-roll scrapes out and continue to cut shapes.

Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack then store in an air tight container.

You can also freeze some for later use. I recommend storing in the fridge in an air tight container.


*you can use 2 cups all purpose or 2 cups whole wheat... I like to use 1 of each

God Bless,



For more recipes, visit my blog at:
http://whatscookinginmykitchen.blogspot.com/
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin